Based on extensive research and reviews conducted by BoomSpeaker, we’ve compiled a list of the top speakers for 2023. As a third-party writer, I give full credit to BoomSpeaker for their diligent evaluations and insights. Here are their recommended top picks for the best audio experiences this year:
- Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 3 Best Bluetooth Speaker Overall
Ultimate Ears continues to impress with their third iteration of the Wonderboom series. The Wonderboom 3 boasts a resilient design, perfect for outdoor adventures. Its 360-degree sound ensures that every corner of the room is filled with balanced audio.
- Pros: 360-degree sound, waterproof (IP67 rated), 14-hour battery life.
- Cons: Mediocre bass in high volumes, battery life varies with volume level.
- Bose SoundLink Flex Best Compact Bluetooth Speaker
The SoundLink Flex by Bose offers pristine sound in a compact, palm-sized device. Known for its audio clarity, this model provides a balanced sound signature. It’s also rugged, designed for on-the-go use.
- Pros: Excellent clarity, user-friendly controls, waterproof design.
- Cons: Companion app needs refinement, lacks a 3.5mm input for wired connections.
- Fluance Ai61 Best Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers
Fluance Ai61 is a pair of speakers that marries aesthetics with performance. Their wooden finish adds elegance to any room. Beyond looks, they deliver a sound that can easily fill a medium to large-sized room.
- Pros: Elegant design, powerful built-in amplifier, versatile connectivity options including Bluetooth and RCA.
- Cons: Absence of smart capabilities, no companion app for customization.
- Sonos Roam Best Smart Bluetooth Speaker
: The Sonos Roam is where portability meets smart functionality. Integrated with voice assistants like Alexa and Google Assistant, it offers a hands-free experience. Moreover, the Trueplay technology adapts the sound to the surroundings, ensuring optimal audio output.
- Pros: Portable design, powerful sound for its size, built-in voice assistant, adaptive sound technology.
- Cons: Stereo pairing requires another Roam unit, bass can sometimes overshadow mids at high volumes.
- Tribit Stormbox Micro 2 Best Budget Bluetooth Speaker
The Tribit Stormbox Micro 2 is a testament to the fact that great things come in small packages. Despite its affordable price tag, it doesn’t skimp on sound quality. It’s also built with a durable design to withstand daily wear and tear.
- Pros: Compact and lightweight, punchy bass for its size, water-resistant.
- Cons: Battery life could be better, lacks high-end clarity.
- Sonos Era 100 Best Wireless Speaker for Most People An upgrade from its predecessor, the Sonos One, the Era 100 offers a wider soundstage while maintaining compactness and high-quality sound.
- Apple HomePod Mini Best Budget Wireless Speaker Sleek, smart, and compact, the HomePod Mini delivers impressive audio performance without breaking the bank.
- Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Best Wireless Speaker for Sound Shaped like its namesake, the Zeppelin offers a broad sound range, enhanced by a feature-packed smart control app.
- KEF LS50 Wireless II Best Premium Stereo Wireless Speaker Tailored for true audiophiles, this speaker offers luxury high-definition sound that left us in awe during our tests.
- Marshall Stanmore Best Wireless Speaker for Bass Sporting a design reminiscent of a mini guitar amp, the Stanmore delivers powerful bass and sound adjustments for a customized listening experience.